Friday, October 19, 2007

More sad news....

I have avoided this post for over 2 weeks but I feel it is time to talk about the second tragedy for one of my Purdue friends. Holly Woll-Ferrell, one of my wonderful classmates, lost her sister tragically over 2 weeks ago. I received the news while I was in Wisconsin. I still have not heard the how but here is what I do know. Holly's younger sister, Pam, was attending medical school in the Bahamas, when she was found in her apartment, unresponsive. She passed away. Taken too young. There is a lot of international red tape and I don't know the full details, but my heart breaks for Holly and her family. I don't say this often, because I am not a religious person, but please pray for her family. Closure is so important and I hope the Wolls and Ferrells receive that closure. May Pam rest in peace. Hug your family and tell them you love them, over and over. They can never hear it enough.

3 comments:

Kelly Newcom said...

I will be praying for Holly, her family and that Pam is safely home with God.

millerho said...

I got an update just yesterday.
Pam made it back to Columbus, Ohio on Monday. The family is having a private burial ceremony this Thursday in Kenton, Ohio.Holly and her family are looking forward to closure and so thankful for everyone's support through out this terrible tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your thought and prayers during this rough time in our lives. As Holly M. stated, we did get her home and had a small, personal burial service on October 25th. It currently looks as though she died of a heart arrythmia from her medication. One of those "rare" side effects that we as pharmacists don't always warn our patients about or double check with the MD. Something to think about as you practice... Thanks again for everything.--Holly Ferrell and family