Monday, August 27, 2007

Family happenings

It is so nice to have my family close by now. For years, I was the one who was far away, hopping a plane to go home or to visit family. Now my parents and sister are 20 minutes away, and my brother is about 45 minutes away (when traffic is bad). He is building a condo and it is a slow process. Mom is cancer free!! Breast cancer always seemed so far away from me. It was my sorority's philanthropy (both Delta Phi Epsilon and Kappa Epsilon), and I have many customers who are currently treating it, or are survivors. When I found out that 3 female family members have been affected, it was like a slap in the face. I am now a candidate for an early 'squishing' (mammogram). So is my sister, Barbara. Through all the treatments, Jordana was the best medicine for my mom.

No comments: