Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I NOT take a nap!!!


Things haven't changed much...still little sleep, lots of crying. We've changed formulas so now Kara is eating less with each feeding. I don't know if the new formula is heavier, making her eat less. The crying spells are now only at night and there is some more wakefullness during the day. Some nights are good (in bed by 10:30), others not so much (in bed at 12, waking 2 to 3 times at night). We made it 2 hours at Chapman's party on Saturday before the crying started. Jordana had fun sitting on Brennan's giraffe. We got a chance to catch up with old friends.
Sunday after lunch, I suggested to Jordana that we go upstairs to read a story (code words for naptime). Usually if I convince her to read a story, I can put her down for a nap without a problem, as it is the natural progression of things. As we walked up the stairs she started whining...NO I NOT take a nap. Did I say anything about a nap? I'm being outsmarted by a 2½ year old. We got upstairs and I let her go into the game room while I sent an email. I didn't turn on the tv or anything. 10 minutes later, as I came out of my office, Jordana was passed out on the couch with a handful of stickers. She had snuggled with a extra pillow that has been lying around. No nap huh?

No comments: