Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's finally over.

For almost a year, I have been fighting the state board. They tried to hold me accountable for someone elses mistake. I lost my preceptor license. The summons came in March of 2007. The hearing was June of 2007. The hearing I lost. Another failed attempt by Walgreens higher ups in August to convice the board to change the ruling. Success in October by the Walgreens suits to convince the board to change the rule within the law to protect the pharmacists in the 3 step verification process. Although I was told my case would be dismissed, I never received official word from the board. Today....it is over. In the mail was my renewed preceptor license. A pharmacist who has a board order pending or completed cannot hold a preceptor license for 3 years. I have mine. Case dismissed.

No comments: