Monday, June 22, 2009

Life unscripted, tragedies and all

Since my last post, things have been bad and good. The girls are ok, Kara is teething very badly, causing her to be cranky and have a lot of diarrhea. She slept thru the night 3 times in the last week, so there has been progress.
Sometime after the last post, I received work from my friends from high school, that one of my classmates lost her 3 year old daughter. The pain I felt when I heard that was almost too much to bear. No mother should ever have to bury her child.....no matter what the age. I am not sure of the final cause of her death, but there was double pneumonia and E. Coli. Awful and tragic.

I made it thru my 10 days stretch and setted into my 4 day weekend, then, BOOM, just when I was starting to get up from the last kick in the gut, I was kicked down again. The 17 year old son of one of Randy's best friends (his business partner's brother), was killed in a car accident early saturday morning. Gerald, the dad, was in DC when it happened. If this is God's way of population control....I'm becoming an athiest.

Tonight, Randy was at the wake when more disaster struck. One of Christopher's football team mates was leaving the funeral home, turning onto the 2 lane road, when he was t-boned. Randy's partner Jesse was outside taking a cigarette break when it happened. It's a good thing, because the truck was on fire. Randy looked outside with everyone else and saw Jesse smashing the window in to get the kid out. As Randy ran outside to help, he saw Jesse pull the kid out and not 30 seconds later, the truck blew up. Jesse saved this kid's life. He was burned pretty badly and was life flighted because the nearest hospital was too far to drive. Jesse has some cuts and minor burns but will be ok.

Please let this be the end. Our hearts need time to heal.

No comments: