Thursday, November 1, 2007

Good news...at the end of a bad day!!

So I overslept this morning, woke up at 7:21. If Jordana hadn't started fussing, I would have kept on sleeping. Got to work at 7:55 withy dirty hair (clean body) and walked into a nightmare. The main verification computer was down, which knocked out the main printer and one of the Zebra printers (the one the bottle labes comes out of). This prevented us from using the second scale. When I left at 4:45, they were still down. We struggled thru the day like we do every Thursday (all my part timers go to school on Thursday, leaving me with a skeleton crew), with me stepping out for an hour for a conference call. As I am walking out the door, I get a phone call from the store that is training my new tech, and find out that she is just not going to work out....this information comes 3 days before she is to start at my store and 1 day before Rayanne moves to Indiana. I also get a phone call from a nasty customer bitching about something that was not worth my time. So I blow her off ( I know I will pay for it later) and go get Jordana. She is great, until I put her in her car seat and she starts screaming. It got so bad we had to have a talk about her attitude. I finally get her settled and she amuses herself on the way home by taking apart her shoes. Whatever, at least she wasn't screaming anymore!! After dinner, I was watching TV and my toe started hurting. I have no idea why, but it feels like it is badly bruised and I don't remember injuring it. Not good for someone who stands on her feet all day. After Jordana's bath and bedtime, I check my email and there it is...good news from Phil Burgess, director of Pharmacy Affairs for Walgreens. Yesterday, Walgreens went to the state board again to convince them to amend a rule regarding final verification. As many of you remember, I have been wrongly accused of misfilling a prescription. According to Mr. Burgess, they were successful! What this means for my case, I don't know yet, but it is a huge victory!! I will have more details soon, but I think I can sleep soundly tonight, regardless of my super crappy day.

No comments: