Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It will all end soon, I hope

We are going on 5 days without air conditioning downstairs. We found out today that we will get a replacement unit for the outside, but it has to be shipped and will take a few more days. We have to pay for a new slab and disposal fee but it is a small number. We should get some rain tonight so it should cool down a bit. As for the bedroom...we found a new snag. When reviewing our homeowners policy, we discovered that our coverage practically doubled in Feb when they renewed our policy. We didn't double it. This caused a $5700 deductible. We don't own a $500,000 house. ( I wish...) When we contacted the ins company, we got a big 'oops, our bad' from them. They are working on fixing our coverage to reflect the true value of our home, which will lower our deductible. They came back with a number which is still to high. We should have an estimate from them on the damages by the end of the week. I have to work this weekend, which may be a blessing for me....air conditioning at work!! CKU starts on Wednesday and I have been having trouble looking foward to it with all that has happened. I am sure when I start packing on Tuesday night, I will start to get more excited.

No comments: