Friday, May 16, 2008

Sprained wrist started a bad day...

I started my day off badly. I dropped Jordana off at school. As I was stepping off the curb to get into my car, my (bad) left ankle gave out. I stepped foward to catch myself with my right foot, and landed on the speed bump in the parking lot. Since it wasn't level, down I went. I landed on my hands. I banged up my palms and tore the cuticle on my left big toe. My wrist hurt for a bit, but my toe hurt more. I went home after another Daddy helped me up (so embarrassing to have someone see me fall flat on my ass), and cleaned up my toe. My wrist felt better so I continued my day. I took the cats to the vet, where ziggy puked and pooped in his carrier before we even left the subdivision. Both cats received clean bills of health, high praise from the vet on their beauty and health, and received no shots. Patches still growled at the vet a few times. I came home, threw ziggy in the sink and cleaned up the box. Then I took a nap. When I woke up, my wrist was starting to feel sore. I picked up Jordana to go to the Dr. for her check up...and she had a fever. Apparently there is a virus in the daycare that is causing mild fever, sore throat and diarrhea. (the older kids are experiencing a round of chicken pox). So Jordana did not get any shots either. We met the new doctor at the clinic today...and loved her. Jordana is 36.5 inches tall and 22 pounds. Although she is skinny, she is following her percentile curve nicely. Considering her Grandaddy is almost 7 feet, her aunt is 6'1" and mommy was 5'11" in the 5th grade and was 95 pounds when she got married...she is all genetics.
At this point, my wrist is killing me, I can hardly pick Jordana up. We went to McDonalds for dinner (where I changed Jordana's diaper and found...yep. diarrhea) and I headed to the mini ER. There was no other patients there....we were taken care of right away. After a few x-rays, the Dr. determined that there are probably no fractures ( the radiologist will double check tomorrow) and it is just a bad sprain. So they bandaged me up and sent me home. It's not easy being a mom with a sprained, bandaged wrist.
I wanted to go to the Amercan Baby Faire tomorrow but we will have to see how Jordana feels in the morning and how my wrist is. What a day!!

No comments: