Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Officially off work...

...let the waiting begin! Today was my first day of maternity leave. When we saw Dr. Stern on Monday, we found out I was 3½ cm dilated and the baby has dropped considerably. My BP is up a little, and with the swollen ankles (which are already thinner from being off them one day!!), we were able to get me out of work with "gestational edema". So now I won't go into labor at work. My first day started out pretty bad...
I had an appointment with Comcast to re-install our cable line today. It was the second time I had an appointment for this. By noon...no word. So I called Comcast and sure enough.."there is no appointment in the system for you". I lost it. The guy I talked to was of no help and said he couldn't get anyone here until NEXT Friday. No can do, I want to speak to a supervisor. They are all in a meeting, call back later. ARGH!!!! In the mean time I called AT&T and signed up for uverse. We will save over $100 a month, but can't get an install until 10/21. That's ok. I am looking foward to recording tv that I can watch in any room...not just the room I recorded in. That's an advantage...when you have kids, they never want to stay in one room for long!!! Bad news is we need a box for every TV (6 of them). With Comcast, we only needed boxes on 4 tv's, the rest we just hooked directly into the wall. But even with the 2 extra boxes...it's still cheaper. I called Comcast back and asked for a supervisor. While I was waiting, the agent asked me what the problem was. I told him we had a line down. He says "We can fix that this week". I was flabbergasted! Why didn't the other guy tell me that??!! Outside repairs are priority right now. If that is the only problem...we can do that this week. So he has me hold for his supervisor...and then when he transfers me...her VM picks up!! I still havn't heard back from her.
Then I spent the rest of the day determining what health insurance to sign up for. Cigna dropped Walgreens for next year. Our new choices are the Walgreens PPO, Aetna and a new CDHP. After hours of calculating and pouring over old claims and calling Mediclaim twice, I have decided on the CDHP. It will take less out of my paycheck, but cost more when we visit md's. That is ok, because I can claim that on Flex Pay. As long as we don't have any major catastrophes, we should save money next year on health care. It won't seem like it becuase it will cost a little more per visit, but the deduction from my paycheck will be MUCH smaller. I spend all day explaining customers health insurance to them...and I needed to have someone explain it to me!!!

No comments: