Sunday, September 28, 2008

Slowly returning to normal....

We finally got power restored on Wednesday afternoon. Things seemed to be up and running well...thank goodness. Our tempermental air conditioners both kicked on and started working and all our appliances are in good working order. We had to reset our water softener.....especially when we discovered that the transformer box had been compromised....but we were able to fix it without a service call. There still is no cable...but that will require a service visit because it was attached to the pole that had to be replaced. We requested the service but we are still waiting. I have been able to keep up with (most ) of my shows on-line. The house is almost back in one piece (execpt the garage, which is always a disaster), and the dining room, which Randy turned into a temporary office. He will need to relocate back upstairs.
Jordana spent her first night in her big girl bed last night and did well. She is currently napping in it right now. Considering how bad of a day we had yesterday...I'm surprised it went so well. We took her to get a haircut yesterday...not something new...and she had a total meltdown. We left without the haircut. She carried on for over an hour. After I put her down for a nap, she slept 3 hours and woke up and said, "I want a haircut". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. We decided not to go back out...and it is a good thing we didn't, she had another meltdown at dinner. She refused to sit with us and eat. We are not allowing her to be the wanderer that she is during meal times and it has not been easy. After Randy and I finished, we put her in her PJ's. She started crying again and said she wanted dinner. We made her sit at the table and eat. She scarfed down her dinner like she hadn't eaten in a week. She was in a better mood, so we decided to try the big bed. She was asleep rather quickly. She tossed and turned a bit, so I pulled the comforter off, and we didn't hear a peep from her until 7:30 this morning. (we set up the new video monitor we got for the baby so we could keep an eye on her). Today she was in a better mood, but is still not too keen on the hair cut. We may try later this afternoon.
The bad news I have is that I may have lost my computer. It was running fine after the power was restored. I watched 3 hours of TV on it on Friday night. Yesterday, when I went upstairs, the battery backup was screaming. My computer was off. I rebooted the backup, only to hear it screaming again a few hours later. So I shut it off. This morning, I plugged the computer into a power strip and rebooted....and it won't boot. It has been doing this repair thing for a few hours. HP said it may take a few hours to complete, but I see no progress. Of course the battery company is closed on the weekend. I feel that their product caused this problem. According to the warranty, they will replace damaged batteries and computers...but that will not help me if I lose everything. This will be the 4th time in 5 years that I have had complete computer failure. If they replace the computer....I'm getting a DELL!!! It will take me weeks to get everything back to normal. So if correspondence is slow from me...you know why.

No comments: