Saturday, September 15, 2007

Flu shots and Clinic Opening

I manage the busiest non-24 hour store in the district, averaging 380 to 400 a day. I only have 3 pharmacists on Monday and Tuesday. Luckily, I only work every third weekend, allowing me more 'bankers hours' at my store. Isn't that enough? Nope. The Take Care clinic is set to open on October 24th and our flu clinic has been scheduled for October 2nd, the first flu clinic for the district, and it is 6 hours long!! Oh, and I will be on vacation that week....so I can't even get a flu shot in my own store!!! (Or be there to help out). My partner, Chanel, will have no problem with the clinic, or the increase in customer count that day, and I feel confident that my staff will shine.
There is a meeting on Monday for the 9 stores in Houston that will have clinics. I will learn more about the day to day operations and what to expect in one measly hour. The customers in my area have a lot of private insurance or Medicaid. I think the clinic in my store is going to be BUSY!!! My boss disagrees. My store manager agrees with me. We'll see.......

No comments: