Monday, September 17, 2007

I couldn't believe my eyes.....

I was at my workstation today, on the phone, when Kristal came up next to me and plunked down this black American Express Card. When I say plunk I mean 'plunk'. I picked up the card and could not believe how heavy it was! We asked the customer about it and was told it was a 'titanium' card, the highest card available from American Express. It was way cool!!! So I starting thinking, what is this card and why, after 16 years in retail, I had never seen it before?
So I found out the annual fee is $2500, and a startup fee of $5000. Minimum yearly purchases are $250,000 or more. It used to be available only to celebrities by invitation only, but now it is offered to anyone American Express thinks is worthy. The average CC weighs in at about 0.17 oz, while this one weighs about 0.53 oz. It is rumored that only about 17,000 people are card holders, and that is world wide.
The card has high spending limits but they vary per person. The most expensive purchase known to date on a black card, is that of a $30M private jet. It includes 24hr personal concierge. (They can make reservations, plan weddings, or score tickets), Private shopping services at the finest retailers. (Tiffany’s offers up private shopping for Black Card customers), Invitations for special events, (such as a round of golf with Tiger Woods), Complimentary companion airline tickets on international flights, Access to Airport Clubs, Free hotel stays, International emergency health care .
Some carriers include Jessica Simpson, Lindsey Lohan, Simon Cowell, Denzel Washington and Jerry Seinfeld.
After reading all this I was shocked to realized I have a (quiet) millionaire hiding in the area around my store in the middle to upper class neighborhood. Never a dull moment in my store!!!

No comments: