Sunday, September 16, 2007

Most saved ever!!


It's been 19 months since Jordana was born and my body seems to keep changing!! Although I have lost almost all of the weight, some of my body fat has redistributed itself, causing half of my wardrobe to be too small. Some pants won't go over my hips anymore, I have a bit of a belly roll so many pants and skirts lay differently on me than they used to, and my boobs can't seem to make up their mind what size they want to be, causing many tops to stretch and pull in places they shouldn't!! I have decided not to work too hard on getting my pre-baby body back until I am totally done having kids. So I needed some new fall clothes.
In early August, I went to NY & Co and bought some new pants and some summer clearance with some coupons I had. Between the 2 trips I spent about $300. My first receipt said I saved $173.18 (between sale items and a $60 coupon). The second trip was split into 2 transactions and said I saved $253.67. When I added my actual savings I really saved a total of $254.06. (Where do the get the rest of that from?). Anyway, I received 9 citi cash coupons for $15 off my $30 purchase. That meant I had to spend $270!!! I knew I couldn't spend all that, so I brought my sister and my mom along. Barbara bought some stuff and I bought some stuff. We hit the $270 mark (and then some) and we were amazed to see at the bottom of the receipt that we saved $232.44! And we really saved that much!!! Everyone always makes fun of me and my coupons but this proves that it is (usually) worth the effort!!! Over 3 trips to the store We saved a total of $486....and I have a great wardrobe to show it!!! No one should have to send in a tape of me to What Not To Wear!!!

No comments: