Wednesday, September 10, 2008

hell at work...it's the only way to describe it...


Monday started out without a hitch. We were upgraded last Monday and the computers have been acting a little cranky. Afer multiple calls to the help center...things seemed to be a bit better. I went to lunch, got an interstore, and went back to finish my shift. That's when all hell broke loose. By 4:30, right in the middle of rush hour...my computers gracefully slipped into central mode...not a good place to be. We rebooted everything, but to no avail. After calling the help center and a call was promised back, I realized that the phones were dead to incoming calls. I called the help center back and together we tried to reboot the sever. No luck. They decided to send DTR out. When the DTR tech called me (turns out he was home eating dinner and he lived in my subdivision!!!), he told me we probably will lose the drive and have to be recloned. NO!!! I've been at this for 10 years and I have never had to be recloned. It is a pharmacy managers nightmare! Becuase we were already crashed, we could not even prepare for it. when I left at 8:30, the work was still being done.
Tuesday morning, we started with a fresh server and almost a brand new work queue!!! There was like 30 in there....never happens at my store!! We were trucking along, trying to catch up with the 100 scripts that we couldn't process on Monday night. At about 11 am, the computers started acting up again. I called the help center and found out that the central server was down. ARGH!!! This time we had to wait for the central server to be repaired and that was out of our hands. My Sr. Tech and I went to a meeting and we got back to the store around 4pm. The computers had just come back up but they were still some problems. the pharmacy was a complete disaster. I stayed until 5:30, when I left to meet Randy for dinner with Jordana. He sent me this picture while in route. the only high point in an otherwise dismal week.
I took today off to rest and the floater called me this morning and told me "She couldn't take it". I told her to call the store manager to help out. I am SOOO not looking foward to tomorrow!!!

No comments: