Monday, September 22, 2008

The last to get power....

I am officially the last person on this planet to get power....and I still don't have it!!! My employees who didn't have it, got it last night. Jeff got it today. My zip code says "after Thursday". There are alot of days after Thursday!!! There has been NO Centerpoint activity in my neighborhood, let alone in the backyard where the pole is down. There are 13000+ people in my zip code without power. According to the Centerpoint map, it is one of the largest populations without power. So why aren't they working here first!!??? I am tired of hand washing dishes, stumbling around with a lantern, tripping over extension cords, having the generators trip, spending god awful amounts of money on gas, sweating in my sleep and having to pay for laundry (45 to have 3 loads washed, dried and folded). I will NEVER EVER go camping!!! Not to mention putting makeup on in the worst lighting possible and having my skin break out because the water softener has been out of commission for 11 days, showering at night so I can have some control over my hair in the morning....and having to watch my tv shows on the internet way after everyone else has seen them. I have seen the life I could have without power....and I never want to do this again!!! Those of you with air conditioning, cable, lights etc...be thankful.

No comments: