Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Progress....







Yesterday I called Centerpoint. I wanted to report the lack of progress on our power pole. The operator said she would re-enter the work order. I came home from work and found this. Why didn't I do this days ago??? By the time it was dark out we had a new power pole in place. the lights flickered for a few minutes....but no power. I know the pole is not the only source of damage but it was the biggest. It brought workers to our subdivision quicker that the web site promised (website said SUNDAY!!!) and they are back again today...hopefully working on the rest of the problems. Watching them work was interesting. The down side....they tore down our fence, drove their trucks right into our backyard and tore up the grass and curb on the side of the house. Centerpoint told us to file a claim but we cannot do it until next week, as the claims office is closed to allow the workers to help out in other areas. There are still about 580,000 people without power....13,000 of them in my zip code alone. This morning they came back and propped up our fence and then left....I only hope to hit the other areas that are not working...to complete the job and get us power. It's been 12 days.....

No comments: