Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

Although I suffered tremendously today at work, it was a bit of a blessing, because it took my mind off the real meaning of today. It's been 7 years and the pain is still there. I still hurt for my family and friends who suffered emotionally and physically on this day, and I remember the panic I felt being so far away and not being able to reach anyone. I may not be in NY but I will always be a New Yorker. I think this day, 7 years ago, made Randy and I realize that there was no one else for us...and we were engaged in less than a month. The events of the day helped my dad in his new job, and brought my family to Texas, right around the corner, instead of a 3 hour flight away. Although there were some good that came of it, it is still a day I wish was just another day on the calendar. It would just be the birthday for my tech, Janet, and the anniversary of a hurricaine in Texas, instead of the worst day in US history. Love to all my family and friends, whereever you are and whatever you are doing...and always remember.

No comments: